Skip to main content

Relationships Can Make You Much Stronger

A friend once told me that “relationship is the currency of the Kingdom.”  Over the years it has proven over and over again to be true!  Everything we do is connected in one way or another to relationships!  It’s not what you know, so much as it is, who you know.
The word relationship is rooted in a sixteenth century Latin word, “relatio” which means ‘brought back,’ from the verb, “referre”.  The meaning here does not carry the thought of referring back to something mentally or in ones memory.  It is talking about the act of passing something back and forth between two parties, like sharing the weight or load of something needing to be carried.  
Triathlon athletes who compete in the passing of the baton for example, must depend on each other if they are to win the competition!   If these powerful athletes are to truly succeed they must depend on each another as a team to get their baton to the finish line. Each runner understands that he or she is not the only ones in the competition.  If they want  to win they know the secret is in their relationship with one another.  If they want to succeed their complete team must win as a whole not as individuals!
A few years ago I drove to the mountains where I decided I would choose some boulders for the landscaping at our new home.  Soon after I arrived I located the beautiful stone boulders I had dreamed of finding!  As I jumped out of my truck I thought, no problem!  I will just use my best physical strength to get these giants into my truck. Right? Wrong!  I began to laugh, because my dream of doing this task by myself lasted for approximately thirty seconds before I realized these boulders weren’t going any where, much less back home with me without some real help!  So to save some of my reputation with my wife, I chose to load up some smaller rocks to avoid the look of shame and defeat.  
Of course, those who know me know well will tell you, I am no quitter!  The following week I fueled up the truck and headed out again. But this time I did something wise. I asked three of my grown sons to go back up the mountain with me, right back to - those same boulders  - in the same exact mountains.  When we arrived, they smiled and asked, "Dad, what were you thinking?" I quietly walked over to the larger than life stones, laughed and said, "Wow .. they really do look much smaller now, don't they?"  

As we all gathered around with rope and four sets of muscles, "To my amazement, within 15 minutes, we had ( as a team) picked up not one, but several of these giant boulders and placed them in the back of our truck!  Proving, what I could not do alone, I was able to do easily with the help and relationships I have with my sons!  The Revelation here is that relationships can help us handle things that we might not be able to handle all by ourselves.  There is strength in relationship!  What you cannot do by yourself, you can do when you have good relationships!  
Life is filled with circumstances. Some of them too much to bare alone.  But, when you do find yourself confronted by heavy circumstances or tasks you don’t have to face them alone!  You have brothers and sisters in the Kingdom to help you!  This is what Solomon meant when he wrote, “And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; but a threefold cord is not quickly broken.” Ecclesiastes 4:12 
There is also safety in relationship!  Proverbs 24:6 declares, “For by wise counsel thou shalt make thy war: and in multitude of counsellors there is safety.” (KJV)  God designed us to help each other gain wisdom through Gods word!  All of us have heard the old sayings like, "Many hands make a load light" Well, it is very true!  The right relationships make us stronger.

This is one of the reasons, God wants us to develop pure (good for us) relationships with one another!  His desire is that we grow strong together in his grace and his power!  We do this by developing pure relationships with one another as we grow together in Christ! He loves us and wants us to love one another as he loves us! 
Let me encourage you to continue in your journey in developing pure relationships in the Kingdom!  If you look closely and prayerfully, there are people all around you right now, who not only care about you, they are eager and ready to engage with you as you grow in Christ and face life challenges!  
Lets grow together in Christ this year!   Remember you need pure Godly relationships in your life!   Don’t make the mistake of making your life’s journey alone!   We are here for you!  Gods best, Mark S. Filkey

For Information on how you can schedule Mark to speak at your event simply email us here or call our offices as 209-469-9962 ext. 318 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God-Sight

It’s been almost 6 months since I received the prophetic pronunciations I shared in this years WestCoast Church New Years Evening 2020 Gathering on December 31st 2019.   I have to tell you; as I read back over the 18 or more prophetic insights this past week I was taken back by both the accuracy and the warmth in which Gods voice seemed to warn and comfort us at the same time!  As if to say, this is what you are about to go through but dont worry I will lead and guide you every step of the way. As I read through each and every prophecy this past week and again today I could feel an overwhelming sense of divine guidance preservation and provision for Gods people in spite of what we were hearing for the first time and what we are now watching unfold first hand in real time.  Interestingly, the largest of all the events to unfold turned out to be the second to the last prophecy and the smallest of them all. As large as we now know that it is to all of us and the entire world

The Year Of Exceeded Expectation

‘For the Testimony of Jesus Is the Spirit of Prophecy'   Revelations 19:10 It’s no secret that we are living in prophetic times. All one has to do is turn their television, radio, cell phone or smart device on to hear about or see graphic images of unfolding events here in the United States and the world. If this is true, and it is, the only questions that remain are, “What is God saying?" "Why is He revealing the things He is saying to us' and "How should we pray and respond?"  The bible is filled with answers about prophetic events. Amos 3:7 tells us, “Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.”  The late great bible expositors, Jamieson, Fausset and Brown explain this passage by writing, “The secrets of God's purposes, that have been hidden from all are revealed to His prophets first. So that those who love Him, Especially His servants can obey their Lord in setting forth His purpose in t

The Spirit Of Expectancy

A few years ago a young mother from the Midwest made front page news when the doctors discovered she was expecting not one, but seven little babies (known as septuplets). As the nay sayers caught window the story they began to voice all the reasons, as to why this new mother would not be able to deliver all of these little miracles; She boldly stepped forward into the Mics and cameras and declared, "I not loosing. these babies. I am planning to carry and having each and every one of them, and in healthy condition.  As might imagine, news media outlets began to have a hay day with her story. Predicting every reason why the delivery of all seven babies would be rare, if at all possible.  Some news outlets invited leading experts to come on their shows too refute any hope of all of them arriving safely.  Graphic images began too appear in magazines and news papers, depicting doctors standing in front of hospitals and medical rooms ran rampant. Many of them explaining why these k